Have you ever visited a site that hasn’t been updated in years? You probably jump right back away from that site don’t you? This is called a bounce. You can track your bounce rate through Google Analytics.
If you fin that visitors are coming to your site but not staying, there are a few things you can do to improve your bounce rate stats.
Post on a Schedule
Your readers should be able to count on you. If you only have time to post once a month, make sure you schedule that post on the same day so readers know when it’s coming. If you post once a week, same thing.
Most blogs are more successful when they post every week day, but sometimes you are so busy running your business that you just don’t have time for that.
Speaking of… If you don’t have time to write, hire some skilled writers to do your content for you. Hint hint: We offer this service at rates that will fit with your budget. Just contact us.
You can also farm the work out to an employee or hire someone on staff to run your blog and content.
Seek Guest Posts
Guest posts are another way you can get content on your site/blog without doing the actual writing. Not everyone is a born writer, after all.
Some rules of thumb with guest posts:
- They should not be spammy. If someone is offering an article about their product rather than a useful tip, decline.
- You shouldn’t publish a guest post from a direct competitor. Look for complimentary services. If you are an HVAC contractor, post tips from an interior designer, for example.
- Don’t fall into the trap of only publishing guest posts. Your readers want to know what you think, too.
Not Everything Has to Be an Article
Your readers want content that is fast and easy to access. Not everything you post has to be an article. Post:
- Add a collection of photos from recent completed projects to give customers ideas.
- Add an interesting quote with a beautiful picture.
- Post a joke with a funny photo
- Add an instructional video
The key to having good content on your website, which also helps your ranking in search engines by the way, is to think outside the box, stick to a schedule and commit to making your website the best it can be.